Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Usually I don't do this...


... but since my good friend Deborah is curious and asked me to do it, well, I cannot refuse a beautiful woman. So here it is, a previous variant of my last posted landscape. It does not exist anymore, of course, since I paint it over... and sometimes I like variants better than the finished ones...

There is something in a painting "a la prima" (the first jet) comme disent mes cousins, les Italiens, which "dies" down in the very finished ones... But that's the way of all things, no? They die... Enjoy it while it last...

The same dimensions, of course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha! Un miliard multumiri, draga Danu! This one I like even more than the first version. It is more "bleak" of course, but something about it has a sort of mysterious "glow", almost eerie. Something about your use of blue in your landscapes, both vibrant (as in the white horse landscape here) or more subdued is, imo, just fabulous (not a hyperbole!)... Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Deborah, Danu. I would never have guessed that it is a painted over version of something else. It is more streamlined than the last, the lake is clearer, and that blue does give it a nice mood.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Deborah,draga Danu (whatever draga means!). This version is moodier. Maybe the limiting of colors was a good idea. I'm a blue man but you could try another version in pink maybe? Picasso didn't completely exhaust the potential of those two colors after all.

Ion Vincent Danu said...

I almost knew it...I like it myself better (it's freer and the color less "local color"...) maiybe I try some more variants... but not just now... I tend to be easily bored it I stay too much on a thing...

Draga = dear