Saturday, September 29, 2007

Standing Nude


It's curious but the rejection does you good, sometimes... I feel more free now than before, I don't have to post only (or mostly) painting or drawings I've completed recently, I don't have to care anymore about SELLING or doing SELLABLE paintings (I won't starve anyway...) to please a group like the Daily Painters Gallery (85%-90% of them being commercial artists and profit oriented; I always had troubles in this direction... too wild, I suppose...)

Sorry for the introduction: I had to get it out of my system since, finally, it hurt a bit...


This nude (a 2005 nude) is painted in an altogether another set of colors. I don't feel myself obliged to respect the real colors, the LOCAL colors. In fact, I try to be free, as free as possible, in my life and in my art. If I'm mainly a figurative artist it is because I need, as most of us, visual and emotional stimuli. And it's understandable why so many abstract painters did killed themselves (Nicholas de Staaƫl, Mark Rothko etc.) But that's a very serious subject and one that needs a lot more studying than a simple Nude post... So, enjoy the nude!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

iar aici imi place incadrarea cinematografica a la degas la fel de mult ca ideea de scena de gen

Ion Vincent Danu said...

Thanks & multzumesc, I!