Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sketching could be fun!

I would never understand why people like better "finished" works to sketches! In my opinion (and there are some others, like Delacroix, for instance...) a good sketch IS worth a good painting... I would take every day of the week a small sketch of Rembrandt or Bruegel insteed of 100 big, super-finished paintings of Bougereau & Cabanel.
This is a sketch of my daughter (who was posing for a group of my drawing friends) in acrylic ink where I used as instrument not only the pen but also the "pipete" (the device used to draw and drop ink from the bottle) and a medium brush. On watercolor paper, of course (otherwise imposible to obtain these textures...) I kind of like it myself...

4 comments:

Miki said...

Beautiful sketch! I hope tpo see much more of them!
I totally agree with you..sketches have, like life itself, the eternity of the instant, or something like that.
(Better in German: die Zeitlosigkeit des Augenblicks). And the depth and truth of the instinct.
Miki

Ion Vincent Danu said...

YES, you're right, Miki, it sounds great in German (I've grown up in Sibiu, a city with a lot of Germans and many of my friends were germans - well, saxons, germans immigrated in the 12t century from Luxembourg or around...) and I will try yo post some more sketches, here and there.

flyinamber said...

I like this sketch..

Anonymous said...

ce obraznicatura !