Thursday, August 30, 2007

Portraits

Van Gogh - if you'll visit me often you'll hear that name a lot! - loved to paint "modern portraits" and was all the time in the search (and need) for models...for, he said, "the study of the figure is the most useful of all" (letter to Emile Bernard, 23 of June, 1888). For a couple of years now, I'm doing portraits, the summer, in the parks of the city I live in, Sherbrooke (Québec). I'm doing it with a friend, Clement Bolduc (he's drawing with sanguine and pastels, me, I'm working with acrylic inks and watercolor). We kind of complete each other, him doing more the "traditionalist" portrait and me, more the "caricatural" (exaggerated) one...But, judging by this "sample", you can see that I'm not UNKIND to my models...
... and YES, I DO TAKE COMMISSIONSContact me on my email, send me a photo and I'll do my best for you... For CA$ 50, you'll have an acrylic ink & watercolor portrait of 9 x 12 inches, on acid free Strathmore or Arches watercolor paper, about the same as this one... I won't work more than 2 hours on a $ 50 portrait but it will be a nice, good portrait....And if you want to see more portraits of mine, go to:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNnSyrGxeTI

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a very nice portrait, indeed. Bright, transparent colors, and the line is spontaneous and synthetic at the same time... You must have a lot of clients, with this level of skill... Congratulations.

Charles Burger

Ion Vincent Danu said...

Thanks, you are a kind critic.

ovi said...

Dane, precum am mai spus-o, tu esti "unul dintre cele mai bine pastratesecrete" ale Quebecului

Anonymous said...

ce dulce e pustoaica! un real pericol pt. diabetici... ("si nu numai" - sic!)

Dan Romascanu said...

I like the composition ... and this stare ... she was following me, and I had to go back and look again ... yet, I do not know what she wants to tell me ...

Ion Vincent Danu said...

I have to kind of dispapoint you, dan, because it's more like a he... named Christopher... true that he was "frumos ca o fata" si foarte delicat...
--------
Anonimul de mai sus isi va face, poate, o psihanaliza serioasa... si va descoperi tot felul de tendintze... Am fost impresionat de delicatetzea figuri dar nu tentat... M-o ferit Al de Sus...