Monday, October 8, 2007

Love Dream Catcher

The name is weird, bizarre, eh? the work is also bizarre... Not my usual portraits or nudes... But this is also me... I started this big acrylic painting (36" x 24") in 2005. I've painted and repainted several times and this is the final version (if a suden mood will not dictate other wise...)
What does it mean? Well, it's up to you... But my idea, initially, started from those twig and fethers etc. things that native americans call dream catcher or nightmare catcher... It evolved in a smaller version and then in this one...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what this is? A Venus flytrap. We poor flies had better stay away from the fruit inside. Not only will the damn pod close on us but the thorns will prick and that little crab (the clap?) will pinch and then cling.
100swallows

Ion Vincent Danu said...

Not far from my probably inconscient thinking... But I would call it more Venus honeytrap... Hei, not a bad name at that! and since I already have a small dream catcher I will probably call it Venus honeytrap! (And yes, with all the american literature I'm reading I'm kind of familiar with crab and clap terms (crab was quite frecvent in Tropic of Cancer...)

ovi said...

Bosch are discipoli de (dez)nadejde...

Anonymous said...

capcana pt. fraieri !