Monday, September 3, 2007

Draughtsman, drawer, draftsman, dessinateur...

I always took the greatest pride when somebody (especially somebody I trusted the judgement) told me that I'm a good draughtsman (or drawer or draftsman)... If the Queen of England would ask me (say I have saved her life or something...) how she can repay me, I would tell her: "Make me a "Draughtsman of the Empire"... with a 2000 $ per month retirement fond... A lot better then "Sir" Ion Vincent Danu, Cavalier or even Baron of the BE... (and it's BE not BS...)To draw with lightning speed, to catch the essence of an image reality puts before you, to link spontaneity with synthesis... When it happens... well, it's much better than a great, successful intercourse...
This is a 9 x 10 inches ink drawing on paper; if you like it, give me en email and we'll talk... I won't draw the skin out of you, I promise...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, this is a nice drawing and I think you really are a good drafsman...

D. Edgar

Ion Vincent Danu said...

Comming from a "connaisseur" means a lot... thank you!

danu

Anonymous said...

(Chestia cu) trestia ginditoare...

Ion Vincent Danu said...

Ce chestie? What are you talking about?! Nu pricep nimica, nimicutza...

danu